Edited: 06.07.2020 - 13:02

Keywords: Membership, Working life

Membership during family leave

You are exempt from membership fees if you are away from work for a valid reason and do not receive a salary. To qualify for the exemption, report your unpaid period away from work to PAM. Family leave is a valid reason for a fee exemption.

If you are out of work because of family leave, remember to let PAM know so your membership can continue uninterrupted. It’s better to announce your unpaid period than to leave the union altogether because you are out of work.

While you are on maternity or paternity leave, your employer will pay your salary for part of the time. Your membership fee must be paid from this salary as usual. After the paid period you will enter the period of unpaid leave, for which you will receive maternity, paternity or family allowance. No membership fees will be paid from these allowances.

You can report an unpaid period through

If you didn’t report your unpaid leave as soon as it began, contact PAM as soon as possible to agree how we can get your fees and membership up to date.

When you return to work

When you return to work after a long absence, check your payslip to make sure that your employer has remembered to collect the membership fee from your pay.

If you pay the membership fee yourself, you can do so through the e-service  (log in with your online banking codes or mobile ID). You can also use e-invoicing.


Most popular